Cloud&Heat GC Tech-Talks: Monthly disussions on projects and use cases
The Tech-Talks provide a platform to discuss projects that have the potential to improve digital infrastructures and cloud services, as well as the use cases that rely on these infrastructures and services.
What to expect in the GC Tech-Talks?
- Concepts, technologies or prototypical implementations that improve the sustainability of cloud infrastructures and services
- Concepts or technologies to achieve interoperability, security, scalability and openness of cloud services in Multi Cloud settings
- Initial implementation and prototypes of the concepts that are being jointly developed in communities such as Gaia-X
- Use cases that rely on Cloud services and determine the requirements that the next generation Cloud technologies must fulfill.
Speakers on 30 June, 2022
- Kurt Garloff, CTO | Sovereign Cloud Stack
„Simplify operations of sovereign cloud/container stacks with SCS“
Sovereign Cloud Stack (SCS) is one of the two foundation projects for Gaia-X that has received funding from BMWK (German Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action). Together with GXFS (Gaia-X Federation Services, the other one) a rather complete, modular and open source tool kit is provided that makes delivering and operating a Gaia-X conformant federated platform a lot easier.
This presentation will use the comprehensive view of digital sovereignty to motivate the vision and philosophy behind SCS and introduce the standards and technologies as well as the operational practices that support this goal.
- Martin Voigt, CEO | elevait
„Towards Sustainable AI for the Public Sector“
The public sector is facing several major challenges as a result of current disruptive trends. Three major ones are: digitization of processes, staff shortages, and the need to digitize and port business applications to the cloud. Digitizing and automating processes using artificial intelligence (AI) would help address the challenges incrementally. AI must be made available to the public sector at an economically justifiable cost, while retaining data sovereignty. This requires the creation of extensible and configurable AI products. Here, the providers of expert IT themselves must be enabled to customize and configure these AI products without AI knowledge and minimal programming effort and to operate them securely in the cloud with a provider based in the EU. This is where elevait comes in. In the presentation, exemplary use cases, technical requirements and task packages will be outlined and discussed.